Saturday, August 11, 2012

First Week Survival

Do a little dance, because we made it.  Despite a hundred challenges that should have  never happened, we survived.

The kiddos started this week on Monday, and I must say that I am rather excited about my class.  I have never taught in a school where the same kids have stayed year after year.  I can already tell a difference in these kids from last year's in terms of behavior, and am excited to see the progress they'll make.  They already know the routines, schedules and expectations, now I just have to break some bad work habits! 

Aside from the kids, however, this week was interesting to say the least.  The copier broke last Thursday (before school even started), and didn't get fixed until THIS Thursday (yup, you heard me, 6 days with no copy machine).  The laminator broke.  My document camera broke. The second day of school I forgot my flash drive at home (that will NEVER happen again, all my precious documents are now in drop box).  We had no preps this week.  We all had lunch duty every day and only about a 20 minute break later in the day to actually eat our lunch. Then Thursday I woke up sick.  This one was for the books.

Now that we have our prep schedule, I know things will get better, but geez I'm exhausted.  If I were in Arizona right now, I would get up early and go for a hike in the mountains to release some of this steam.  However, mountains are no longer available, so I'm going to walk up to the Farmer's Market instead and get a cup of coffee.  Today will be spent shopping for a few last minute things for my class, and then tomorrow I will hit the books and finish up my unit plans for the next couple weeks.  It will be very very nice to have all of those done.  Off to the market.  Who knows, maybe I'll buy some pretty flowers for my classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment